Cambridge/ Jeffersonville:Smugglers’ Notch Resort and the Smugglers’ Notch Inn are both located in Jeffersonville. If you are staying at either of these places, this list will have the closest options, everything within about 15 minutes.
At Smugglers’ Notch Resort: At the resort there is a lot to enjoy. There is hiking all around you, 3 different pool areas, tennis, and mini-golf. There is a small store on site (although I would suggest visiting our other local general stores for better options and prices) and a couple of restaurants.
- The Farm Store- located about 7 minutes from the resort the farm store specializing in the most fresh and local products.
o Address: 50 Old Main Street Jeffersonville, VT 05464
o From Smuggs’- Make a right out of the resort for about 5 miles. At the Y vear right onto Main Street. After about .2 miles stay straight onto Old Main Street, and The Farm Store will be on your right.
- Hanley’s- Our ‘general’ store will have all of the basics including local product,s beer and wine.
o Address: 30 Main Street, Jeffersonville, VT 05464
o From Smuggs’- About 7 minutes away. Take a right out of the resort for about 5 miles. At the Y vear right onto Main Street. Hanley’s will be on your right.
- Vermont Liquor Outlet- Located right next to Hanley’s (above). In Vermont you can only buy beer and wine at the grocery store, any liquor has to be bought from a Vermont Liquor Outlet.
Bars and Restaurants:
- The Brewster River Pub- A locals place with a great selection on tap and pub style food.
o The Brewster is located less than 2 minutes from the resort. Take a right out of the resort, go about a quarter mile and the Brewster will be on your right.
- Burger Barn- A hugely popular burger shack serving local beef from the Boyden Valley Farm. This place moves every summer so I will have to update you once I find out where they are parked this summer.
- Jana’s Cupboard Deli- This is the perfect place to grab a sandwich for a picnic or one of their delicious baked goods.
o 4837 Vermont 15, Jeffersonville, VT 05464
o From Smuggs- Turn right out of the resort on 108. After about 5 miles, at the Y, vear left. At the T turn right onto route 15. Jana’s will be on your left.
- 158 Main Restaurant and Bakery (http://158main.com/) – The best culinary experience in Jeffersonville specializing in elevated comfort food and also known for their fantastic breakfast and brunch menus.
o 158 Main Street, Jeffersonville, VT 05464
o From Smuggs’- About 7 minutes away. Take a right out of the resort onto route 108 for about 5 miles. At the Y vear right onto Main Street. 158 Main will be on your right.
Sterling Pond Hike:
- A fun hike up into the mountains of Smugglers’ Notch leads to Sterling Pond. This hike is fairly steep and about 2.5 miles round trip. It is the perfect place to bring some sandwiches and have a picnic at the summit. You can also continue about a quarter of a mile past the pond to the top of the ski lifts and see gorgeous views of the Lamoille River Valley
- Directions from Smuggs: Trail head is only about 5 minutes from the resort.Turn right out of the resort (up the mountain), at the summit you will see a small parking lot on the right with a welcome center, park here. Cross the street and look for a sign saying ‘The Long Trail’- follow the white blazes up the mountain to the pond.
Boyden Valley Winery (http://www.boydenvalley.com/index.html):
- Tasting and tours of a locally owned and produced Vermont wine. They are open daily from 10am-5pm. Vermont Canoe and Kayak also offers the “Water and Wine” tour that takes you down the Lamoille River to the winery for a tour and tastings.
- For information on the “Water and Wine” tour call Vermont Canoe and Kayak at 802-644-8336 or vermontcanoeandkayak.com
- Boyden Valley Winery: 64 Vermont 104 Cambridge, VT 05444
o From the resort the winery is only about a 10-15 minute drive. Take a right out of the resort on VT Route 108. Follow 108 for about 4.5 miles and you will come to a Y, take a left to remain on 108. At the T take a left onto Route 15. Remain on route 15 for 3 miles. After 3 miles turn right onto route 104 N. At this point you will be able to see the large red barn and the Boyden Valley Winery.
Smugglers’ Notch Distillery (http://www.smugglersnotchdistillery.com/main.html):
- Jeffersonville’s newest claim to fame is the multiple award winning Smugglers’ Notch Distillery, creating vodka, rum, bourbon, and gin. They are open for tastings and sales from 1 PM- 5 PM daily.
- Address: 276 Main St.
Jeffersonville, VT 05464
o Only about 7 minutes from the resort- Take a right out of the resort down route 108. Follow this until the Y and make a right onto Main St. After about a third of a mile the distillery will be on the right.
Ben and Jerry’s Factory (http://www.benjerry.com/about-us/factory-tours):
- Visit the home of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream. You can take a 30-minute tour where you learn about the beginnings of Ben and Jerry’s and see how it’s made, visit the flavor graveyard, and of course have some fresh ice cream.
- Open 9 am- 7 pm (last tour starts at 6 PM). Tours include samples and cost $4 adults, $3 seniors, kids 12 and under are free.
- Address: 1281 Waterbury-Stowe Rd Waterbury, VT 05676